Outdoor Rink (LMCA)
- Workshops & Courses
- Outdoor Rink
- Annie Lk. Golf Course
- Disc Golf at LMCC
- Cross-country Skiing
- Carbon Hill
- Stories & Voices
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Emergency Committee
- Compost Club
- Solar Project
- Mt. Lorne Co-Housing Project
- LMCA Calender
- Email LMCA
- Email Hamlet Council
Hamlet of Mt. Lorne
47 Annie Lake Road Box10009,
Youth Hockty Nights
Fridays, 7 - 9 pm
Next one: February 24th
Open to all youth.
Pizza will be provided
Tell your friends - Everybody welcome! Just drop in.
For more info call 667-7083
LMCA operates an olympic size outdoor ice rink - set up with lines, 2 goals, high netting, full floodlights that can be accessed 7 am - 9 am, 4 pm - 11 pm daily. Rink has an attached warm up area with wood stove, benches and 2 heated change rooms - firewood is provided outside of the rink. An outhouse is available next to the rink.
The rink is cared for, cleared, and prepared with our Zamboni on a regular base throughout the week. Service depends on snowfall and temperatures. While we are proud of our new Zamboni and will provide the best service possible, we are dependent on staff availability and weather.
Thank you to the folks who have taken our training and will volunteer for ice rink maintenance! Snow shovels are available in the warm-up/bench area if we can't get to it in time.
Drop in is possible at any time until 11:30 pm. Other than the occasional rink rental, it is operated on a shared basis - anyone can come and enjoy it during operating hours.
Please be considerate towards all our users - and clean up warm up room after yourself!!
And remember - this is a public place- alcohol consumption in warm up area is not allowed
LMCA has to cover 75% of all maintenance cost - so we do rely on your fees!
- LMCA yearly membership includes use of ice rink for the full season. ($40.00 per year for the whole family) forms are available in the warm up area or HERE pay cheque, cash or e-transfer.
- Non members please pay $5.00 day use fee in drop box provided at rink entrance. Members please encourage your friends/guests to pay drop in fee!
- Please check out our ICE RINK CREED, also posted in warm up shack, a reminder of how we all can share and care for this great facility by behaving well
- Possible for members only
- Not Exclusive. If you are planning a group event, shinny hockey or a skate with friends we will post a note in the rink for you. This will allow others to plan around your game or gathering. The ice still must be shared because, once again, this is not an exclusive rental. Above fees apply.
Does not include main hall
Renting the ice rink exclusively for a special event is possible!
- This includes rental of rink, warm up area, wood stove use and access to 2 washrooms in side building
- Three hour rental $150.00
Includes Zamboni service before you arrive so you can start with a fresh sheet of ice.
- Additional, standby Zamboni service is possible for an added $100.00
This includes up to 2 ice resurfacing during your time slot and at end.
Please check with our staff on availability 667 -7083 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership mandatory for responsible party.
Hockey at LMCC
Drop in starts as soon as the ice is in
Free for members, guests $5 fee
Come and join us in November to flood the rink
Youth drop in hockey nights will start end of November
Included in LMCA membership or Daily Guest Fee $5/person.
Till 11 pm you can turn on the lights to extend play on these dark winter days. Give us a heads up if you are planning something at the rink so we can schedule maintenance. 667-7083
Got any old hockey sticks kicking around in the corners? Donate them to LMCA for shinny hockey play.
Want to schedule a group, a game, a rental for a hockey party ? Contact us 667-7083
For more info contact Agnes at 667-7083 or email@example.com
Youth Hockey Nights
Once every month a youth hockey night has been held at the Mt. Lorne Center all along this winter season. This event provides an opportunity for youth that never joined organized hockey before.
There are plenty of small rinks in town, but at our community center we get the chance to play in a full competition size rink and here the ice is cleared by a Zamboni. We even went as far as to put in lines this year, which makes it so you can play many more games on the ice as well, with ease.
Henery Beairsto, a fifteen year old, helped with putting the ice and lines in and is currently learning to use the Zamboni to make great ice for our fun nights. Henry organizes and runs the youth hockey nights, advertises them and brings along all his friends for a night of fun hockey. The teenagers and kids come out and play hockey for an hour or so, then we share pizza, then we go out and play some more.
The games are not all competitive; everyone is included, no matter how skillful they are. Youth hockey nights are generally held on Saturdays from 6 - 9 and there is still some time this winter season so come on out and join usCheck here for the next youth hockey night date!
Parents and family are welcome to tag along, just bring skates and a helmet. (Hockey sticks are provided if needed.)
- Henery Beairsto - 2013