Volunteer Opportunities: LMCA, MLVFD
- Workshops & Courses
- Outdoor Rink
- Annie Lk. Golf Course
- Disc Golf at LMCC
- Cross-country Skiing
- Carbon Hill
- Stories & Voices
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Emergency Committee
- Compost Club
- Solar Project
- Mt. Lorne Co-Housing Project
- LMCA Calender
- Email LMCA
- Email Hamlet Council
Hamlet of Mt. Lorne
47 Annie Lake Road Box10009,
Volunteers are at the heart of all the things happening in our great community . . .
Fall 2015 - We need volunteers for:
Got time to help with firewood, maintenance jobs or other projects?
Check in with Colin O Neill
Please contact Agnes or Colin email@example.com if you can help.
There are always things to do, projects to be part of and just being out here!
Lorne Mountain Community Center
Paid and Volunteer Opportunities
We are looking for members to get involved with the Lorne Mountain Community Center. We are an excellent organization who provides quality services in the area of community recreation. We are looking for people who want to help us meet our mandate of:
Providing the facilities and recreational opportunities to promote a healthy lifestyle, encourage family participation, ensure opportunities for youth employment and training while supporting goals of sustainability and environmental responsibility.
Volunteering at the Lorne Mountain Community Center is a very rewarding experience. If you are looking for ways to put the philosophy of “Thinking Globally and Acting Locally” into practice this is a great way to accomplish that goal. The Lorne Mountain Community Association is looking for ways to put the community back into Community Center and the best way we can do that is to help you get involved. Here are some great options.
LMCA Board Member
The present board is "small but mighty". Right now we are 5 very active, open-minded and knowledgeable board members and the board meetings are productive, enjoyable and of course have tasty snacks provided by Agnes. However, 5 is not enough - we need your help!
- Attend monthly meetings (if you are away we will miss you but continue on without you)
- Contribute to the decision-making process about present and future Lorne Mountain Community Center business in whatever capacity you choose to volunteer for
- Obtain a strong understanding of the workings of an amazing community center
- Be able to participate in shaping the direction of the Lorne Mountain Community Center
- Know that your contribution is making a difference in your community
Membership Drive Committee Member
Lorne Mountain Community Center has a great number of users but not so many members. We are ready to have lot’s more people consider themselves a member of our awesome association by paying their annual membership fee and filling out a registration form. We are working on ideas about how to do this but would love some help.
- Join the membership committee and help develop ideas about how to attract more users to become members
- Be present at events to answer questions about membership and collect fees and membership forms
- Use your marketing creativity in a very useful way
- Make a great contribution to the Lorne Mountain Community Center in helping us increase revenue and community involvement
Contact Agnes at 667-7083 firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintenance Committee Member
Do you love talking about tools? Can you not get enough of renovation projects? Well, we need your expertise. There are many jobs to accomplish to keep the facilities at the Lorne Mountain Community Center in tip-top shape. We need knowledgeable people to help create a 5 year plan for all the maintenance jobs on the facility and equipment.
- Attend about 6 meetings/ year
- Help create the 5 year maintenance plan
- Help organize the two volunteer work parties per year
- Hang out with a great group of community members and have animated discussions about maintenance and repairs
- Use your skills and expertise to keep the community center safe for all the users
Contact Agnes at 667-7083 email@example.com
If any of these positions interest you or if you would like more information please contact Agnes at 667-7083 firstname.lastname@example.org or Ruth at 668-5871 email@example.com
Mt. Lorne Volunteer Fire Department (MLVFD)
Mt. Lorne Community Emergency Committee (MLCEC)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 667-7083
Wildwood Music Festival
Interested in reviving the Wildwood Music Festival?
This successful little fair has fallen by the wayside due to lack of organizers. If you appreciate local music and art and would like to see this festival stay in the community contact Agnes: email@example.com or 667-7083
If you can help, contact Agnes: firstname.lastname@example.org or 667-7083