From April 1st until September 30th, burn permits are required for all open fires.
Burn permits are free, and assist in reducing the risk of human-caused fires. They also help wildfire officers and the fire department answer smoke reports.
This year, save time. Apply for your burn permit online: https://yukon.ca/apply-burn-
Mt. Lorne Volunteer Fire Department (MLVFD)
One of 16 volunteer fire departments that fall under the jurisdiction of the Yukon’s Fire Marshal Office (FMO), a Protective Services Branch of Yukon Government. We accept and adopt the same vision, mandate, mission and values as the FMO. These are:
- Continuously improve life safety and fire protection for the people of the Yukon through leadership, education, training and program development.
- Ensure the safety of fire emergency responders and the public.
- Educate the people of Yukon regarding fire safety and fire protection.
- Provide a professional, knowledgeable, friendly and courteous level of service to the people of Yukon.
- Reduce the loss of life and property from fire damage and other emergencies throughout Yukon.
- Pride and Professionalism
- Safety and Respect
Volunteer with the Yukon Fire Service
Check out volunteering with the Yukon Fire Service at: http://www.community.gov.yk.ca/protectiveservices/volunteer-yukon-fire-service.html